Verbs Followed by GerundA gerund is a noun made by adding "ing" at the end of the verb. So, a gerund is a noun. But the noun is from a verb. Let's see the following examples :
The followings are the verbs that must be followed by gerund:
Let's see the following examples :
- Stop making noise!
- Avoid eating too much fat!
- Have you finished making your bed?
- The children enjoy swimming in the pool.
- The man denied stealing the diamond.
Verbs Followed By Gerund Exercise
In this exercise you have to complete the sentences with the correct gerund !
|write make smoke look read drive|
1. She doesn't enjoy ...........letters.
2. Stop ............ too much noise.
3. He finally admitted ....... his car carelessly.
4. Have you finished ........... your newspaper?
5. Avoid .......... cigarettes. It's not good for your lungs.
1. She doesn't enjoy writing letters.
2. Stop making too much noise.
3. He finally admitted driving his car carelessly.
4. Have you finished reading your newspaper?
5. Avoid smoking cigarettes. It's not good for your lungs.