Present Perfect Continuous Short ExplanationThe Present Perfect Continuous Tense is used to talk about a long action which began in the past and has recently stopped or just stopped. Let's see the following examples :
- The woman over there is bright red. I'm sure she's been sunbathing.
- Why are your eyes red? What have you been doing?
- It is raining now. It began to rain an hour ago and it is still raining. It has been raining for an hour.
- I've been waiting for you for two hours.
- How long have you been living in Miami?
- She's been crying for two hours.
- I have been living in London since I was five.
- I've been learning English since I was at Middle School.
- How long have they been smoking ?
- They have been wasting their money for thirty years.
Present Perfect Continuous ExercisesWrite a good present perfect continuous tense based the situation given ! See the examples first !
- George is hot and tired. (he/play/football) George has been playing football.
2. Grace is very tired. (she/work/hard)
3. Sue is out of breath. (she/run)
4. Jack is very drunk. (he/drink)
5. Brian's body smell cigarettes. (he/smoke)