Going To Future Tense Short ExplanationGoing to is used when we say what we have already decided to do in the future. Let's see the following examples :
- I'm going to donate half of the money I inherited from my parents.
- A: What are you going to do with your old house? B: I'm going to sell it.
- Look at those black clouds. It's going to rain.
- The man is drunk. He's driving his car so fast and carelessly. He's going to have an accident.
Going To Future Tense ExercisesIn this exercise you have to say what you think is going to happen in these situations. Let's see the example first !
- The dog is running across the busy street. (The car-hit) The car is going to hit it.
2. The boy cannot swim. He is trying to swim across the deep river. (he-drown)
3. The road is so slippery. The boy is running so fast. (he-fall)
4. Brian has to be at work at 8.50. He just woke up at 8.45. (he-be late)
5. I feel terrible. (I-stay in bed )