Conditional Sentences Type III
( If Clause /Conditional Clause)
| If + Past Perfect Tense|
If + Subject + had + Verb III
Subject + would + have + Verb III
- If He had played well last night, We would have won the football match.
- If you had come to the party last night, you would have seen Sue.
- If I hadn't gone to Oslo a few years ago, I would not have met my wife.
- If I had known that you were ill, I would have gone to see you.
- He wouldn't have had an accident if he hadn't driven his car carelessly.
- The accident wouldn't have happened if the driver ( didn't stop, hadn't stopped, stopped) suddenly.
- If she had had enough money, she ( would buy, would have bought, bought ) the diamond ring.
- If she hadn't cheated in the match, she ( would not be disqualified, would not have been disqualified, was disqualified ).
- If all of the passengers had put on a life-jacket, a lot of them ( wouldn't die, wouldn't have died, didn't die) when the boat was capsized last week.
- He ( wouldn't be, wouldn't have been, was not) ill if he hadn't gone out in the rain.