By And Until
By means 'not later than'. Let's see the following examples.
- I sent the parcel on Wednesday morning. You should receive it by Friday. ( on or before Friday )
- Where's the teacher? He should be here by now. (now or before now)
Until is used to say how long a situation continues. Let's see the following examples.
- I'm not leaving until you give me the money. ( I will continue staying and I will stop when you give me the money.)
- This week I will have a mid semester test, so I study until ten or eleven o'clock every night.
In this exercise you have to complete the sentences with by or until.
- I've been asked to marry him. I have to answer him ... next Friday.
- I'll wait for you ... 8 o'clock tomorrow morning.
- If we leave on Monday, we should be in Gothenburg ... Tuesday.
- I hope to finish this project .... the end of this year.
- We have to be at the airport ... 7 o'clock.