Below And Under
Below and under can both mean 'lower than'.
Under is used when we talk about something which indicates contact. Let's see the following examples.
- She put the money under the mattress. ( The money has a contact with the mattress, the money touches the mattress )
- The gold is buried under the ground. ( The gold touches the ground )
Below is used when we talk about something which indicates no contact. There is a space between the two things or surfaces we are talking about. Let's see the following examples.
- The cat is sleeping below the table. ( The cat doesn't touch the table.)
- There is a mole below his left eye. ( The mole doesn't touch the eye.)
In this exercise you have to complete the sentences with below or under.
- She hides all her money... the bed.
- Please hang the picture ... the clock.
- We live ... the sky.
- She hides all her money under the bed.
- Please hang the picture below the clock.
- We live below the sky.